A list with highlights
- Available for people that need a temporary health coverage and are not employed in The Netherlands
- This policy applies to all Schengen countries
- Cover up to € 500,000
- Meets the Schengen visa requirements
- Policies available as from € 1.60 per day
- A supplement for personal liability (third party) in The Netherlands can be added
- This policy can be taken out for a maximum of 6 months (3 months for people aged 80 or above)
- No coverage of pre-existing conditions
- policy terms and conditions
- coverage summary
Private Schengen Visitor policy
Especially for people that:
- Temporarily visit The Netherlands or other Schengen countries;
- People that do not contribute to the Dutch Social Security and need cover for unexpected medical expenses;
- People that have a ‘Zoekjaar Visa’
LoonZorg offers insurance packages of OOM Insurance.
These policies offer a coverage for care and/or treatments provided by the general practitioner (GP)/family doctor or public hospital. On top of this coverage the policies can offer a coverage for (emergency-) dental care, physiotherapy and psychological care.
Please note that for non-emergency care a referral from a GP is required, for medicines the requirement of a prescription applies. Also important to know is that these policies do not cover pre-existing conditions.
The temporary policies are private policies and that is why they are restitution policies. This means that the care providers will not be able to find you in the Dutch care system. Invoices will have to be paid for upfront by the insured and can be claimed via the My OOM portal.
As soon as people will start (part-time) working in the Netherlands, the employer will pay contributions towards Social Security. From that moment on, people are obliged to take out Dutch public health insurance. In this case LoonZorg will be happy to help you switch your policy package to the best priced public health insurance policy.
Registration private Schengen Visitor policy
For registration of the private Schengen visitor policy, please click on following link and fill out the online form: