- The compulsory deductible/excess/’Eigen Risico’ of 385,- euro (No Risk I)
- 200,- euro coverage for emergency dental care in The Netherlands (No Risk II)
- Repatriation within geographical Europe (No Risk II)
- Statutory personal contribution for medicines (No Risk II)
- Extra coverage for 250,- euro dental care and physiotherapy (6 visits) can be added (No Risk III)
Under this policy:
- All GPs and all public hospitals in The Netherlands covered / contracted
- Invoices are usually directly forwarded to the insurance company
- You are only paying for the days you are insured
Public health insurance Policy
As soon as expats/internationals start working in The Netherlands (except for internship programs), the employer will pay contributions towards Social Security. From that moment on, it is obliged to take out the Dutch public basic health insurance by the expat/international.
We at LoonZorg offer the mandatory Dutch public health insurance policy via the insurance company HollandZorg.
The HollandZorg 2023 public health insurance (including an excess of 385,- euro) has a monthly premium of 140,90 euro (2024: 149,50 euro) and is available for everybody that contributes towards Dutch Social Security.
Extra coverage is offered via a collective agreement through LoonZorg.
Via LoonZorg this HollandZorg 2023 public health insurance is being offered:
- Together with the No Risk I and the No Risk II supplement
for an amount of 145,20 euro* (2024: 154,20 euro);
- Together with the No Risk I, No Risk II and the No Risk III supplement
for an amount of 156,20 euro* (2024: 167,95 euro).
The extra No Risk I and No Risk II supplements provide people with the following benefits:
- Coverage of the excess “Own Risk” (385,- euro)! (No Risk I)
- Coverage of emergency dental care to a value of 200,- euros per year (No Risk II)
- Coverage of repatriation within geographical Europe (No Risk II)
- Coverage of the statutory personal contribution on medicines (No Risk II)
- 2023 monthly premium of 4,30 euro (2024: 4,70 euro)
The extra No Risk III supplement provides people with the following benefits:
- Coverage of 250,- euro all dental care at the dentist (No Risk III)
- Coverage of 6 physiotherapy treatments, 100% coverage for contracted care providers (No Risk III)
- 2023 monthly premium of 11,- euro (2024: 13,75 euro)
*No extra collective discounts are applicable to these policies.
When filling out the registration form at this website, the No Risk I and No Risk II are already automatically attached to the HollandZorg 2023 public health insurance. The No Risk III is optional.
The only requirements for taking out the HollandZorg 2023 public health insurance including the supplements:
- You’re a non-Dutch resident, which in most cases means that you do not hold a Dutch passport;
- People have to be employed in the Netherlands (contribute towards Dutch Social security);
- People will have to meet the requirements in order to join the Loonzorg collective agreement.
Please find following link to the HollandZorg public health insurance policy conditions including the supplements: HollandZorg 2022 policy conditions
Please find following link to the summary of the coverage of the No Risk I, II and III:
No Risk I, II and III summary 2023
If you would like to take out the HollandZorg public health insurance without the supplements, No Risk I, No Risk II and No Risk III, please be advised to register directly through the HollandZorg website: www.hollandzorg.com